Trading U.S markets from Asia is interesting. We have different time zone, so I am keeping my day job as a IT
professional crew and do my “full time” trading at the evening time. I normally get to my bed around 1am or 2am.
Here are some ‘survivor’ tips I have gathered and experienced after few months of active daytrading. I guess Eyal might have better tips since he has been trading from New zealand and Singapore now.
- Water! Drink plenty of water during day time. Keep my body hydrated at all time. (this is tip from my Mum since I was 3 years old)
- Cut down caffeine consumption during day time. I limit myself from sipping 2 cups of coffee a day.
- Cut down my carbo and serving portion of dinner. Heavy dinner makes me sleepy. I have cut down my size of dinner by half. Sometime, I even share with my fiancee.
- prepare some light food, like small cakes (please, I mean small) or cookies.
- Hit Da gym! I maintain at least twice a week of cardio and weight training. Though I still fail to get my six packs, at least , I got my heart beating smoothly and maintaining my waist line.
- Heavy and nutritious breakfast. This is to pump up myself for the day’s work.
- Pop in multivitamins everyday. This is a must.
- Do a cat sleep after lunch in office. Make sure I am energetic enough for afternoon’s discussion.
- Absolutely no alcohol allowed. Well, a couple of beer during weekend is fine. My last taste of alcoholic drink was 6 months ago. And I don’t feel missing anything.
After all, trading U.S market from Asia is still bad for health. I am just doing something to reduce the possible damage. I need a healthy body to spend the money I make from trading.